EP3 has launched a new effort to conduct site visits to Historical Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) and Black Serving Institutions (BSI), funded by NSF, to focus on ways to help physics departments increase their enrollment and graduation rates of Black students. The visits will start in Fall 2021 and run through Fall 2023.
If you are interested in participating in a site visit, please fill out the form below and we will be in touch with selected sites when we can start scheduling visits.
These visits will be coordinated with the APS Committee on Minorities (COM) and use structures included in the EP3 Guide, including sections on How to Serve as an Undergraduate Program Reviewer, How to Undertake an Undergraduate Program Review, Recruiting of Undergraduate Physics Majors, Retention of Undergraduate Physics Majors, and the Toolkit for Departments under Threat.
- A visiting group of 3: a member of the EP3 team, a member of COM, and another HBCU/BSI department chair.
- A stipend for the visitors, plus all travel expenses covered.
- An honorarium for the participating chairs and an invitation to participate in a visit to another institution.
- Build a team
- Review EP3 guidance
- Produce a self-study focusing specifically on recruitment and retention of majors
- Plan and facilitate the visit
- Construct a plan of action
- Follow up with the project